Plan your stay …
Click here to book online
Please call us toll-free at 800.224.9498 with questions or to book by phone.
Check-ins, check-outs and late check-ins
- Office Hours: 8:00a.m. – 10:00p.m.
- Check-In time 3:00p.m. or later.
- Check-Out time 11:00a.m.
- Please call in advance to arrange check in after 9p.m.
Obligations and deposits
- A confirmed reservation obligates both the Balsam Mountain Inn and the guest for the entire length of the stay reserved. In the event of early departure, the guest is responsible for the entire length of the stay reserved unless the room can be re-booked.
- One night’s room rate must be paid within five (5) days of booking to confirm any room reservation. This deposit may be paid by MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover at the time of reservation, or through the mail by personal check or money order.
- Individual room reservations need to be cancelled seven (7) days prior to arrival date to receive a deposit refund. Groups and events have other cancellation policies.
- Reservations of blocks of three or more rooms of Group bookings require special deposit arrangements and cancellation periods.
Additional guests and children
- Add $15.00 per day for each additional person 3 and over.
- We love pets, and we even have a few of our own, but we’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue hosting traveling pets.
Our overnight accommodations
Each room is different at Balsam. Colors, textures and furnishings are eclectic and whimsical. Many return guests have their favorites, while others like to try a new “flavor” each time. In 1908, when the inn opened, it was a bit elegant. But in the main it has just always been a one-of-a-kind, odd and interesting place. And yes, grand!
That said, we offer four types of rooms; In most cases, bed choices are king-sized beds, two double beds, or occasionally single twins.
All overnight guests are treated to breakfast.
Call 800.224.9498 to reserve.
All rates subject to change. Local room taxes and state sales tax apply.
A note about baths
When the inn was built, none of its 100 rooms had bathrooms. We added them when we restored the place. Our rooms have either a shower, or a claw-foot bathtub. Only our handicapped-accessible rooms (2) have both. For our guests who have a tub and need a shower, we offer a private shower room on the second floor.